Libros relacionados con cultura organizacional

(El nombre es horrible pero no se me ocurrió otra forma de explicarlo)

Estos 2 libros van MUY relacionados con el Podcast que mencioné la otra vez, REWORK dado que están escritos por los founders de Basecamp.

El primero es “It Doesn’t Have to Be Crazy at Work” y propone crear una cultura tranquila de trabajo. Si alguna vez estuvieron en una startup donde te quemaron la cabeza, te exigieron el 200% y te
quisieron convencer de que “así son las startups”, bueno… leete este libro :wink:

Dejo un par de quotes que me gustaron.

Sobre ser workaholic y la cultura emprendedora:

Requiring discomfort—or pain—to make progress is faulty logic. NO PAIN, NO GAIN! looks good on a poster at the gym, but work and working out aren’t the same. And, frankly, you don’t need to hurt yourself to get healthier, either.

It’s also just bad advice. You’re not very likely to find that key insight or breakthrough idea north of the 14th hour in the day. Creativity, progress, and impact do not yield to brute force.

Sobre tratar los empleados “como familia”:

The best companies aren’t families. They’re supporters of families. Allies of families. They’re there to provide healthy, fulfilling work environments so that when workers shut their laptops at a reasonable hour, they’re the best husbands, wives, parents, siblings, and children they can be.

Sobre horas extra:

Sleep-deprived people aren’t just short on brains or creativity, they’re short on patience. Short on understanding. Short on tolerance. The smallest things become the biggest dramas. That hurts colleagues at work as much as it does the family at home. Being short on sleep turns the astute into assholes.

Sobre contratar gente:

Résumés aren’t work. Résumés may list the work they’ve done, but we all know that they are exaggerated and often bullshit.

For example, when we’re choosing a new designer, we hire each of the finalists for a week, pay them $1,500 for that time, and ask them to do a sample project for us. Then we have something to evaluate that’s current, real, and completely theirs.

What we don’t do are riddles, blackboard problem solving, or fake “come up with the answer on the spot” scenarios. We don’t answer riddles all day, we do real work. So we give people real work to do and the appropriate time to do it in.

El segundo es “Remote: Office Not Required”, cuando lo termino edito el post :wink:

¿Cuáles recomendarían ustedes?

Esta bueno el libro. Creo que Jason Fred igual es una persona muy particular, y no se hasta que punto toda su filosofía es aplicable al resto de las empresas. De todas formas trato de leer todos sus libros. Creo que tiene buenos pensamientos, y los expresa super bien.

Para sumar a la lista, Creativity Inc. de Ed. Catmull me parece un librazo. Es uno de los co-fundadores de Pixar.

A company’s communication structure should not mirror its organizational structure. Everybody should be able to talk to anybody.

Do not assume that general agreement will lead to change—it takes substantial energy to move a group, even when all are on board.

For many people, changing course is also a sign of weakness, tantamount to admitting that you don’t know what you are doing. This strikes me as particularly bizarre—personally, I think the person who can’t change his or her mind is dangerous.

Estoy de acuerdo, algunas cosas las tomé con pinzas. Igual lo banco mucho, al final del día son más las ideas que tomo de él que las que rechazo.

Gracias por la recomendación. Me lo agrego para leer después de terminar este :slight_smile:

Team geek y radical candor